Create project error "You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters"

Fahad V A April 6, 2014

Hi,

While creating a new Jira classic project, even the project key contains 3 characters, I am getting the error "You must specify a unique project key, at least 2 characters long, containing only uppercase letters."

Thanks in Advance.. :)

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

Ok, the key is long enough, but have you checked the other two conditions in the error message?

Fahad V A April 6, 2014

Yes.. I gave JSP only..

that key is not yet used..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2014

Ok, so if you login as an admin, go to admin -> projects, there definitely is no project with a key of JSP?

Two quick thoughts

• have you had a project in the past with a key of JSP?
  • Could you check the regex - admin -> General -> Advanced, and see what the regex for prject key is?

If none of that, then what does your log file say when you fail to create a project?

Fahad V A April 6, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply..

Someone has changed the project key pattern over there.. When I corrected it.. now it is working fine. :)

0 votes
Fahad V A April 6, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply..

Someone has changed the project key pattern over there.. When I corrected it.. no it is working fine. :)

Suggest an answer