Create or configure a Board in the New Jira Experience

Denis Schiavone October 27, 2017

Hi, we have a Jira project business type.

We need to customize the issue fields displayed into the board elements.

We are not able to create a new Kanban board with the "New Jira Experience".

We come back to the "old" version of Jira and here it's possible to create a new Board but it's not possible to select a Kanban board related to our business project, an error is raised.

Please, can you help us?

Thanks and regards.

Denis

2 answers

0 votes
Denis Schiavone October 30, 2017

Hi Gaston,

summarizing we have 2 questions about Boards:

1) in the "Old Jira Experience" it's possible to create a new Board, while in the "New Jira Experience" it's no more possible. Why? Please see attached screenshots for more details.

2) Using the "Old Jira Experience" I can create a new Board, but, since my Project is Business type, an error is raised.

It's no more possible to create a Kanban board by using a Business project. Why? Please see attached screenshots for more details.

New_Jira - How to create a new board.jpgOld_Jira - 01_Board creation.jpgOld_Jira - 02_Board creation.jpgOld_Jira - 03_Board creation.jpgOld_Jira - 04_Board creation.jpg

Thanks a lot and regards!

Denis

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Denis,

In the new experience, check at your users profile page, you should see a "Create Board" link.

Business projects includes a board for the project but you can't define new boards, that why you are not allowed to create a new board based on a business project

Denis Schiavone October 30, 2017

Ok Gaston, thanks a lot for your support!

If it's possible, I have another question about board:

From the standard business project board I click on an Issue in order to view it. Not all fields are displayed in this window (also clicking "Show more details").

Is it possible to customize the fields to display the Issue information here?

Thanks a lot again.

Denis

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

Hi Denis,

Can you post an screenshot with the error?

thanks!

Suggest an answer