Create new Sub-task based on previous Sub-task information

MW May 5, 2022

Hello everyone! Reading community helped me a lot during my recent work with automation of one process. However right now I'm stuck and I can't find answer to my problem in already solved questions. 

Here is the background:

1) We are creating issues which are moving from status A (start), to status E (finish) throughout statuses B, C, D

2) Once issue is in status B, user is selecting values from the custom field and based on selected values sub-tasks are created, so we have for example:

Sub-task number 1: New - title and name of the selected item (let's name it Apple)

Sub-task number 2: New - title and name of the selected item (let's name it Melon)

3) In status C all sub-tasks are worked on and may end in Rejected or Granted status

4) In status D I need to create new sub-tasks based on the information from sub-task processed in previous steps.

Example:

When I move from status C to status D I need automation to check whether there is a sub-task with name Apple in the summary,  in status Done and create new Sub-task within the same issue. If there is a sub-task with Apple in the summary and in Rejected status, I don't want any action. 

I attached what I got and is not working. I'll be grateful for any help! img.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MW May 5, 2022

Hi guys! Never mind :D I was so motivated to find the solution just by trying and trying and this is the working result :) img2.jpg

0 votes
Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2022

Hi Michal,

can you please also attach screenshot of the errors? You can find it clicking on the "audit log" button, in the section under the automation name.

If you want to customize some custom field values in the issue that is created, you have to click on "choose field to set" in the create issue action.

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 10.29.38.png

Best,
Alberto

Suggest an answer