Create linked issue

Mike Overmeijer March 6, 2016

Hi,

According to the documentation, JIRA Core 7.1.x delivers the new feature of creating a new, linked issue from a existing issue. We have JIRA software, which (to my understanding) includes JIRA Core version 7.2, but I don't have the option as described in the documentation.

Anyone has clue why?

Kind regards,

Mike

7 answers

4 votes
Corsin Anhorn April 11, 2016

The problem may be that this function exists only in Helpdesk or Business Projects - but unfortunatly not in Software Projects?

PierrickPuimeanChieze March 28, 2017

I think that is exactly the problem.

Like Svetlana Zabuga likes this
4 votes
zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

You need to make sure that Issue Linking is enabled in your JIRA instance (JIRA Administration>Issues>Issue Features>Issue linking) and your account will need to have the Link Issues permission in your project's Permission Scheme.

Mike Overmeijer March 7, 2016

Issue linking is on, permissions are OK, as the users are already able to link issues to each other, but they just don't have the option to create a new linked issue from another issue.

1 vote
Tony Hawker July 7, 2016

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this?

we are having the exact same issue, we cannot get 'More - Create Linked Issue' to appear on any task in any project

we have linking enabled, and all the permissions seem to allow for linking, we can link tasks using any other method, just not Create new linked task

any help would be great

Cheers

3digits - Desarrollo July 7, 2016

It seems that it's all about project type:

1. Business project (JIRA Core or JIRA Software) ==> OK!
  2. Software project ==> KO!

Tony Hawker July 11, 2016

Not in my case, i have tried just about every project type there is and none seem to work

in particular we want to be able to link from a service desk case, according to the documentation this should be possible but the option is not there for us

0 votes
Mikal Peterson August 18, 2016

Bug has been filed for JIRA Software - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSW-14730

Please vote smile

0 votes
jenifferhomes June 29, 2016

Issues from Business project show "Create linked issue" option, but issues from Software project don't.There is no More > Create new linked issue option...

Thanks

0 votes
Desarrollo_3digits June 26, 2016

We're experiencing same issue. We think Corsin is on right way. We've tested configuration as Zack says and it's OK. Then, we've created two projects, Business and Software, configured with same permissions shcemes and other stuff. Issues from Business project show "Create linked issue" option, but issues from Software project don't.

We don't understand why... We hope this new option will be included in Software projects soon!

0 votes
elena_mekhanoshina March 10, 2016

Mike,
Thanks for asking. I'm here with the same question. Our company uses 7.2.0-OD-03 JIRA Cloud. There is no More > Create new linked issue option... 

How to enable it, does anyone know?

Suggest an answer