Create link gives weird result when not logged in

Patrik May 31, 2017

Hi!

We are sending out out of office mails referring to our Jira project. In these mails we have direct link to the case creation:

https://jira.j.local/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=15700

This works fine unless you are not logged in. In these cases the user gets the Create issue screen, but instead of the expected parameters (project and issue types) the form is populated with project id and some generic issue types.

Ideally the user would instead get a login screen and then the correct form.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Screenshot in case the text was not clear:

createissue.png

1 answer

1 vote
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

Hi Indeni_PJ,

I'm not sure if this will answer your question, but I have something for you to check.  What if you change your project's permissions so a user is required to login before creation?

Take a look at your project's Permission scheme. Look for any instances of "anyone" or something that would indicate broard access in the "Browse Projects" line item.

I just tested my own similar create link, on a project I know a user has to authenticate before seeing.  As a logged OUT user, I got the following screen, which is what I think you were expecting.  I have JIRA Software Server 7.1.1.

expected-auth-error.png

Now why is your project rendering as an ID in your screenshot - no idea on that one!  (Sorry)

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

Patrik April 1, 2018

Hi Rachel 

Just wanted to get back to you. Our IT guy never got around to try this and now I've quit that job so we'll never really know. I can't mark your answer as the correct one, but I gave you an upvote. :)

Kind regards,
Patrik

Suggest an answer