Create issues form workflow transitions

Krzysztof K. March 16, 2015

I'm looking a way to make another issues from workflow transitions. Copy some fileds, create issues in other project and link them. Is there any opportunity to choose destination project and issue type on workflow transition.
I check a plugin "create on transitions' but i don't see possibility to choose destination project and issue type on transitions, only in configuration.

Thanks for Your help.

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Hi Krzysztof,

Have you tried to use plugin Issue template? You need to add template issue and you can use it to autocomplete issue. There is also a postfunction, which create new issue. In configuration you can choose destination project, issue type and template issue. You can even create issue with subtasks.

Here you can find documentation.

I hope I've helped you.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2015

The Create Issue post function from Create on Transition for JIRA can be configured to set the project and issue type from values from the issue being transitioned including those changed on the transition screen. See Substitution variables for more information.

Hi bob, is it possible to use substitution variable to target destination project? like "%parent_project% + KB"

Like LCD likes this
0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2015

Hi,

Have a look at the script runner plugin (assuming you are using JIRA Server). The plugin has a collection of built-in scripts which you can use, specifically clone and issue and links is worth looking at. You can also define your own script if you need more customization.

Regards,

Geert

Suggest an answer