Create issues by e-mail

iamjustice@list.ru August 18, 2017

Hello, guys and girls!

I know about fuctional in JIRA: create issue by e-mail: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-802592933.html

But! How to in e-mail set an e-mail parameters? Priority, attachments, etc? How to sort mails for project? Ex. [Test Project] in only for Test Project. And without [project_name] are igonered?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

The standard mail handlers shipped with JIRA only handle a few fields.  They will take the summary from the email title, description from the body, some limited priority information, attachments and users and create an issue in the project you have configured them for.

They do not handle multiple projects or other fields.

You will need to find or write email handlers that can do more clever parsing than the standard ones.  I usually reach for JEMH for this sort of thing, although you might find others in the marketplace.

Thank you for the answer. 

Can you help me? how to set Priority in e-mail?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2017

With the standard handlers, if you set a priority on the email (most email cllients let you set a "high" or "low" flag), then JIRA will set the priority of an issue higher or lower than the default.

O my gosh! Thank you :)

Suggest an answer