Create issue with status, label and fixVersoin validation errors.

Serge May 27, 2014

Working on Jira integratoin with REST Api, i am finding that I am unable to create a an issue.

When i post the following JSON :

{"fields":{"summary":"TestRelease","description":"||Col1|col2||\r\n|1|2|","issuetype":{"self":null,"id":"3","name":null,"description":null,"iconUrl":null,"subtast":false},"status":null,"priority":null,"labels":[],"project":{"id":"10106","key":null},"components":null,"fixVersions":null}}

I get the following error message back from our system:

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"status":"Field 'status' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","labels":"Field 'labels' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown.","fixVersions":"Field 'fixVersions' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

This issue still remains even if i remove the null elements from the JSON. Many of similar questions on this site pointed to premissions issues, however the user that is authenticating against the rest service has full administrative rights to the project.

Any suggestions on what could be causing the REST service to deny my issue requets?

1 answer

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2014

Hello Sergei,

The error displayed suggests that the fields are not in the screen. If you manually go in JIRA's UI and hit the create issue button, do you see the fields in the "Create issue" screen? If not, you must add them there.

Please take a look at our documentation with an example of a create issue rest call:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Create+Issue

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer