Create issue screen by user group or role

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

Is possible in JIRA to make two different 'create screen' and assign one or the other depending on the role or a user grup ?

Let me explain, I want to have a two different 'create screeen' in a project and assign one or othe if user is a client or a user of my company.
Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2013

i think you can...by modifying the existing workflow.

you will need to create a new "Create" transition

set validators for each "create" to match your criteria and associate your desired screen to the "create issue" operation in your projects "screen scheme"

EDIT:

i just tried to do so...sorry it says "You cannot add a transition to or from the initial action [Create] of a workflow."

forget my answer please as this will only work for transitions that are after "create"

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

guys..you may upvoted my answer too fast...as i replied too fast...i should better try by myself if i am not sure if my answer will be correct. i updated the answer...

the mentioned solution won't work for "Create"

i'm sorry.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2013

True - you can have different "create" screens by issue type (and edit and view screens), but that is it, you can't have two create screens for one issue type.

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

So there is no possible way to do this?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

nope. unless you consider using group/role specific issue-types

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

So, then it can be a nice feature to include in future versions of Jira (I think)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013
One more idea to share. Could you install and try bahaviours plugin? This allows to hide fields. You may find your solution with this
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

Something is being built already in this direction - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27613 Viewports

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

I want to try Bahaviours plugin... at the moment t's the only 'free' solution...

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2013

You could use Field Security Plugin (but it's not for free). There you can define which group is allowed to see or edit a field. So you would have all fields in your create screen but client user will see only those fields where they have a view or edit permission.

0 votes
Kasper Elbo January 27, 2013

This is something I need too, or something quite similar. I need it when external users create issues in Jira. I need these issues to go to a status called 'received' where a developer will review the issue before transitioning it to 'Open'.

This is no problem in itself but I need issues that are created by the developers to transition straight into the 'Open' status. This is not possible as it is today.

IT Support October 16, 2017

Hi Kasper,

that is possible with Automation lite for JIRA (Free)! You can trigger an Event on the create-Trasition and check in the Automation-Plugin if the user is in the "Dev-Role" ore something. When its ture, you can fire the transition to "Open"-Status.

Automation is by the way one of the most intristing Free Plugins about Workflow-customizing... 

Take a look ;) 
(No, im not from this Plug-In Company ...)

Suggest an answer