Create issue in epic does not show issue in Issues in Epic list

bfrikken June 22, 2015

I created an epic today. I clicked the plus next to the "Issues in Epic" section of the epic to start adding issues that should be in the Epic.  I was able to create the issue, but it does not show in the Issues in Epic section. It sill shows "There are no issues in this epic."  I did verify that the issue was created as I can view it and find it outside of the epic.  We do not have Agile turned on, but this is how we've been handling things for a while now.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

Hi Bill,

That's actually reported at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43962.  For now, to have the Epic field showing you need to have an Agile license. Please start a free trial of it and you should be able to view the field.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

bfrikken June 23, 2015

Would it be possible to find out why we lost that functionality then? We've planned projects to utilize that Epic linking functionality that was there without the Agile license since we've done our last 2 projects with that working. Currently, that was/is the only functionality that we could foresee using Agile for and didn't want to add on another component.

bfrikken June 23, 2015

Whoops, I see the link you provided is actually the OPEN issue for what we are experiencing as an unlicensed agile team.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2015

Not sure what's happening but have you indexed you JIRA?

bfrikken June 22, 2015

I just tried that, thanks for the suggestion. It did not help.  

Suggest an answer