Create issue and immadiatly attach it a file, using jelly service.

yannis meriel October 25, 2012

Hi,

I'm using jelly service to create new issues on JIRA.

For some issues, i need to attach files on them just after their creation. (commands for creation and file attachement are consecutives)

I saw that there is the fonction jira:AttachFile, but it need the PKEY of the issue to work, and as i want to attach a file immediatly after create an issue, i don't have the PKEY.

So my question is : is it possible to create an issue and attach it a file immaediatly after with jelly ?

like :

<jira:CreateIssue project-key="TEST" assignee="some.guy" reporter="some.guy"

</jira:CreateIssue >

<jira:AttachFile key="here i get the PKEY of the new issue above" filepath="/some/path" option=”add”>

2 answers

0 votes
yannis meriel October 25, 2012

Hi john,

first i want to thanks you because as a beginner user of this forum i didn't understand what was the onDemand/Download tag when i created this question.

And my question was for a downloaded installation of JIRA. (is it possible to change this on this topic?)

So you said that it's possible to do this, on a downloaded installation , can you give me more details about it ?

all the best,

Yannis.

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi Yannis,

I'm sorry to say that it isn't possible to do this on the OnDemand platform because Jelly scripts are a restricted function, so you cannot do this with an OnDemand instance but it would be possible to do this with a downloaded installation of JIRA: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer