Create event to change issue status

Nadav Bilu September 3, 2012

Hello,

I would like to create an event which triggered by mail from outside to a mail handler that will automatically change the issue status let's say from open to in progress.

The pupose of this is to be able to change the status when a customer sends mail to the system which will automate the change instead of the support team to do that.

Nadav.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Off the shelf, you can't do it. You need code to read the incoming mail and perform the transition.

Personally, I wouldn't write any, I'd simply try to get the JEMH installed, as that can do it (and has a raft of other immensely useful email functionality for Jira)

However, you've said you're OnDemand, which means you can't install either the JEMH or any other plugin to do it and the only thing that might work is configuring the auto-transition listener to do the transition on ANY comment on the issue (whether it's from email or the web UI). https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy

Nadav Bilu September 3, 2012

Hi Nic,

Thanks, it sounds good to me,

Can you explain in more details how to create this auto-transition listener?

Can I use it only in a specific status in the workflow?

Can I create another transition in the same status that won't change the status when a comment is added ?

Thanks, Nadav.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2012

It's a listener, rather than a workflow item, but it's quite flexible, you can use it on one, some, or all transitions.

Have a look through the doc for it - https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JTOOL/Auto+Transition+Listener

Nadav Bilu September 4, 2012

Hi Nic,

I tryed to configure the listener but could not find the listeners menu.

I think it's because I'm using the on-demand type.

If it's the case, can you think of something else?

I could see there is an event of comented issues but I could not configure it to change the status.

Anyhow thanks for your effort and time for my question.

Thanks, Nadav.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2012

Ah, ok, well, if it's not there, then it's not enabled in OnDemand. I think you're stuck and you can't implement anything that will do what you're trying.

Suggest an answer