Create custom field similar to the "Description" field

Tor Flatebo April 29, 2012

I'd like to have a custom field that operates (and displays) the same way as the description field. I have created a custom field that behaves the same way (wiki renderer, etc.) but it looks like I don't have the ability to puut this field above or below the built-in Description field (to make it collapsible and not associated with the top details of the ticket).

Use Case:

We ahve a need to separate "Devloper Notes" and "QA Notes" from the requirements and reproduction steps that are int he description field. Keeping the Description field clean allows us to create internal-facing release notes from an XSLT transform on the XML output of a filter. We would prefer to have the "Develoepr Notes" and "QA Notes" fields behave and display the same way as the "Description" field.

I am fine to have to write a plugin or whatever is needed for this, just want to know if it is possible.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

If you are on onDemand, as you indicate by the tag, it is not possible. On downloaded version of JIRA, you can do it by modifying the velocity templates involved.

Tor Flatebo April 30, 2012

Do you know if it is possible via writing a plugin?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2012

As Jobin mentioned OnDemand does not allow to add any custom plugins.

Suggest an answer