Create automatic subtasks - how to?

Hi All,

a widely needed request arise here in our company: some project leads need a feature that when they raise an issue it automatically create some subtasks for the issue.

There are special processes in the company which triggers the same 5 or 6 further steps. E.g. when a new employee joins to the comp. then he needs a new powerbook, credentials, there are some HR, financial dept., security dept. tasks which need to be done.

Is it possible to achieve?

Thanks in advance,
Rumi

2 answers

Hi Rumi,

Jamie's script runner is great to achieve what you want. If you want to customize those dependencies etc. via the UI I can recommend using Bob Swifts plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cot

Cheers

We use Bob Swift's Create On Transition plugin to generate sub tasks when setting up for a new employee. It allows us to create them conditionally based on checkbox options selected when the ticket is created. Very convenient and flexible

you can using script runner plugin

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Createasub-task

and you can find lot of posts on this forum, just you need to search

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

551 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you