Create another issue and clear fields

Cord Westhoff July 7, 2013

Hi,

is it possible to define which fields are cleared when I use the 'Create Another' issue function? It is nice that the summary is cleared, but I would also like to have the same for issue description and expected results (while fields like Version should be kept).

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

@cord,

through use of post function and default value for custom field , you can achieve the above objective.

0 votes
Cord Westhoff July 7, 2013

Hi,

thanks for the reply! I'm not a developer (just a user), but I assume you can set the status for each field when you create another issue? We will check this out, thanks!

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

hi Cord,

check this API : https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/MutableIssue.html

in setSummary() API , send the parameter as null . if there is any existing value then it will cleared.

Suggest an answer