'Create and link new versions' dialog doesn't show all projects

Jane Burt May 15, 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to create versions based on the streams in my plan. When I click 'Create and link new versions' the dialog that appears only allows me to choose two of my projects. Is this a bug or am I doing something that is not allowing me to link to other projects?

Thanks,

Jane

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2016

Can you see the projects in the plain JIRA interface, and do you have edit rights in them?

Also, to create versions, I think you need project admin rights in the projects.

Jane Burt May 15, 2016

Thanks so much! It was the project admin rights that was missing. Silly, I didn't think of permissions as I could create versions/releases from within the project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2016

You know, it bit me too about 10 minutes after I answered!  Permissions in JIRA are "fun" (although I understand the necessity for them, and appreciate the flexibility, I still get them wrong a lot)

Suggest an answer