Create an issue for two projects simultaneously

Mohand HAMICHE February 26, 2015

Hi everybody,

I'd like to know if it is possible to create an issue for 2 projects simultaneously.

On other terms, I'd like to be able to assign the created issue (see figure below) to more than one project.

I imagine that it's not possible as we can't select more than one project according to the figure below.

Is there any way to do this instead of creating the issue twice for the two projects ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Mohand

Sans titre.png

3 answers

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

Every JIRA issue belongs to one project. So you would need two issues

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2015

After creation, you can clone the issue and then move it to the new project. Any other solution will involve some coding.

0 votes
Mohand HAMICHE March 3, 2015

Thank you so much for the answer.

If I clone the issue and then move it, it'll be a hole between issues ID (something like that FA-1, FA-2, FA-4 supposing that I've cloned then moved FA-3) ; I've already asked the question here https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12285704 to avoid the hole but unfortunately, there is no solution.

Jobin, you said it's possible to do by coding. Could you tell me where can I find a sort of help on coding in JIRA please ?

Suggest an answer