Create an automated datepicker from due date field

Deleted user November 20, 2013

I am very new to Jira and have no coding experience. I have two custom datepicker fields which I would like to automatically change depending on the due date field. One would be a week before the due date and one would be two weeks before. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks

Hannah

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

#1 For transition screens you have option to take JSU plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities)

Go through https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

the following images help you.

#2 For Editing issues, you need to go for coding(i.e Listener to catch ISSUE_UPDATED event) or else you need to hack the core code of jira or else you need to tweak your code into jira plugin(quick-edit-plugin).

Deleted user November 26, 2013

I have tried to enter javascript into the description field of the custom datepicker but it just disappears and does nothing...any suggestions?

Deleted user December 3, 2013

If I want the the field I am copying to to show a different value to the due date, such as -& days, how would I go about this?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

could you explain in more detail?

Deleted user December 4, 2013

I have a field called Copy deadline (date picker custom field) which is 7 days earlier than the Due date. I would like this to be automatically updated when the due date is changed. The suggestion above looks like it is just duplicating the field. I got someone to test putting javascript into the description field but nothing happened, although I wouldn't know what the code to input would be.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

in that case you can write event listener which listens for ISSUE_UPDATED event.

In the listener, you can mention that Copy deadline should be updated based on the updated value of Due date field.

If it is fine for you, you can go through

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Writing+JIRA+Event+Listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+Library

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Listeners

0 votes
Deleted user November 20, 2013

At the moment I am project lead and am manually entering the dates after the issues have been created and then going back to change them if the due date is edited. The date pickers shoudler be visible in all screens I think. I'm not sure if I answered your question.

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Do want this changes on create/edit or on screen?

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Sorry, this will not work in JIRA OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events