Create a subtask in parent issue (sibling subtask) when subtask is resolved

NocRC NocRC August 11, 2013

Hey, I am using the Script Post-Function: "Create a sub-task" of the Script Runner Plugin.

I can create Subtasks from the parent issue easily, but how would I create one if a sibling subtask is transitioned?

Thanks in advance.

edit:

I found the following lines in the "Create a sub-task" script, see whole script: http://goo.gl/3sQaKV

def String subtaskAction = params[FIELD_SUBTASK_ACTION]

subtaskAction = subtaskAction?.replaceAll(/ .*/, "")

String subtaskSummary = params[FIELD_SUBTASK_SUMMARY]

if (issue.getIssueTypeObject().isSubTask()) {

log.warn ("This issue ($issue) is already a sub-task... doing nothing.")

return [:]

}

So it already checks if the task itself is a subtask and does nothing if so. In this case I would like to set "issue" to the parent issue, something like issue = issue.getParentIssue(). How would this be possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2013

> In this case I would like to set "issue" to the parent issue, something like issue = issue.getParentIssue(). How would this be possible?

Pretty much like you say. Using the script as a starting point, if it's a subtask, set the issue issue.getParent() or whatever it is.

> You can do it with jjupin

Yeah, you can do it with script runner, or jira scripting suite, or a java plugin, or jjupin.

NocRC NocRC August 27, 2013

Okay, I made myself famiiar with groovy and script runner. I think I could modify the script to my needs.

But I dont know where to put the script so it appears in the Script Post-Function overview of the postfuntions in a workflow transition. So I can configure it, specify name of the subtask, etc, like the ones already setup there. Can you help me out there please? thanks in advance.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013
0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

Hi,

You can do it, using JJUPIN plugin.

http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/dashboard.action

Suggest an answer