Create a quick filter query to show issues added to current sprint after sprint start date.

Josh Ramdhan July 14, 2016

I want to create a query in the quick filters to show me all issues added to the current sprint (i.e. the sprint name isn't hard coded into the query) after the sprint was started.  The use for this is to determine how our sprint scope is changing from the beginning to end.

I found an article that suggested that I use fixVersion, but our organization doesn't utilize this feature, which renders this useless.  The article also suggested hard coding the sprint name into the query, which also isn't what I'm looking for.

In pseudo-code, the query be something along the lines of:

SHOWIF date_added_to_sprint > sprint_start_date

I'm very new to JIRA and SCRUM so any help would be much appreciated.

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

If you have SciptRunner you can use https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_addedaftersprintstart. You have to put in the board name, but not the sprint name.

Rex Cooper April 28, 2017

Jamie,

Is there is way to not hardcode the board name and sprint name so the user doesn't need to change it every single new sprint. Thanks

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2017

The sprint name is optional. The board name is not however. At least at one point in time, issues could be on multiple boards, so it may have been added after the start of the sprint on one board but not on another.

0 votes
Deleted user July 14, 2016

There is a Sprint Report that will show you issues added to a Sprint and other good things. Check here for details;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/sprint-report-777002722.html

KirstenManica December 28, 2016

Tom ~ If I'm correct, this report is great after you've completed the Sprint, but not when it is an active Sprint. I, like Josh, would love to know how to view the scope creep on an active Sprint. Any further help outside of something like scriptrunner?

Hanna Blomqvist February 6, 2017

Kirsten, Josh - found a solution yet? Having the same problem here

KirstenManica February 6, 2017

Hi Hanna!

No, unfortunately. I definitely use, and love, the Sprint Reports that Tom mentioned- the after-the-fact data. But no, I haven't found a solution to getting a view into what has crept in while the Sprint is in session.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2017

You could try to look at the Burndown report to see what issues might have been added to the sprint after the start.  These would be registed as a scope change event in this report and you can see this even when the sprint is active.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/burndown-chart-777002653.html

Like Sarah likes this
KirstenManica July 6, 2017

Andrew ~ THANK YOU. It seems so obvious now that I'm looking at it.