Create a project with my own workflow (by default)

Marcos M May 11, 2016

Hello, greetings from Argentina

I want to create new projects and when I'm creating them I want to select my own workflow. As today, I only can select the options: scrum, kanban or basic software development. But they have their own workflows and I cannot change them.

My workaround is to assign the workflow after I create a project, BUT JIRA automatically creates a lot of screens, fields, workflows, and it's a lot of garbage.

I need a solution to solve this problem

Thank you very much

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Hi Marcos,

You can use the "Create with shared configuration" which is down the bottom in the grey area. Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 19.17.22.png

This means that the project will use existing schemes and settings from the project you choose to "copy from".

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

In addition, you can first create a "template project" that has all the setting you wish for projects to have and every time you create a project, you simply select "Create with shared configuration" and then select the "template project" you have.

Marcos M May 17, 2016

thank you very much Eric!

0 votes
Marcos M May 11, 2016

7.1.6 (the last update)

I have a new and empty system. I'll create like 15 projects with my workflow. Currently with this issue I'll have 15 schemes "Software Simplified Workflow Scheme" before assigning my workflow.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2016

What version of JIRA are you using?

Suggest an answer