Create a project with my own workflow (by default)

Hello, greetings from Argentina

I want to create new projects and when I'm creating them I want to select my own workflow. As today, I only can select the options: scrum, kanban or basic software development. But they have their own workflows and I cannot change them.

My workaround is to assign the workflow after I create a project, BUT JIRA automatically creates a lot of screens, fields, workflows, and it's a lot of garbage.

I need a solution to solve this problem

Thank you very much

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Marcos,

You can use the "Create with shared configuration" which is down the bottom in the grey area. Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 19.17.22.png

This means that the project will use existing schemes and settings from the project you choose to "copy from".

In addition, you can first create a "template project" that has all the setting you wish for projects to have and every time you create a project, you simply select "Create with shared configuration" and then select the "template project" you have.

thank you very much Eric!

What version of JIRA are you using?

7.1.6 (the last update)

I have a new and empty system. I'll create like 15 projects with my workflow. Currently with this issue I'll have 15 schemes "Software Simplified Workflow Scheme" before assigning my workflow.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

564 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you