Create a pie chart using math in JQL

Kaleigh Flynn December 11, 2017

I am trying to create a dashboard based off labels I made to show which step I am in. The labels are "Step 1", "Step 2", and "Step 3". The way I track each is by adding a the step of the label I am in. So all with the label "Step 3" also has "Step 1" and "Step 2" as a label. I want to make a pie chart showing which number of issues are in which step. However, since all "Step 3" also contains the others, my numbers are off (it automatically counts by label so of the 16 total, "Step 1" has 16, "Step 2" has 15, and "Step 3" has 13. Even though respectively they have 1, 2, and 13). Is there a way to use expressions or something else to accurately show which step through a pie chart/filter or no?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi Kaleigh, 

The obvious solution is to have issue only with labels that reflect the current step. So if your issue is in Step 3 it should only have 'Step 3' label, not all three of them. 

However I'm not familiar with the specifics of your process, so I'm not sure that this'll work for you.

Another approach, if you absolutely need to keep all three labels on your issues, is to make a radio button or single select list type custom field named , say 'Current step' and configure it to have three options, each to represent the current step of an issue. Then you can use this field as a base for your pie chart instead of labels.

Kaleigh Flynn December 11, 2017

Thanks so much! I will try that :D 

Suggest an answer