Create a board that combines all the boards into one?

Andrena Lefdahl April 13, 2015

We have 3 Agile teams. Manager wants reports on all the teams combined into one. How do I create a board/filter that reflects all the issues for all the teams. All three have sprints starting and ending at the same time. Essentially the new board would also have the same sprint timeframe but all members/issues/bugs/projects into one Agile board for reporting/visualization purposes. Jira v6.3.3 and Agile v6.5.0.

8 answers

0 votes
Enmanuel Corvo August 27, 2017
0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Andrena , no need to delete the board . Just create new filter first and update the same at your agile board Configure - > General FILTER Saved FilterFilter for xyz Edit Filter Query <- update the new filter here

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2015

Hi Andrena,

I guess you could just create a new Board and change it's default filter to include the projects you need. ("project A" OR "project B" OR "project C"). You can do that under Board > Configure > General

0 votes
Andrena Lefdahl April 14, 2015

It looks like we do use components on some projects. Should I delete the Board I made from a new Project and create a "Board from an existing Saved Filter" to proceed correctly? Just needing a little guidance. THANKS

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Pretty much. May I know if you use components? Its a good way in filtering issues from the components. You can set up a filter for people as well if this is only option. ( reporter / assignee) out of groups

0 votes
Andrena Lefdahl April 13, 2015

Unfortunately how our environment is set up, that wouldn't work. As we would have to add more and more projects to the board as they are created. Is it possible to create a board by adding all the people instead of projects? Perhaps "Board from an existing Saved Filter" is the option I want to choose to start off?

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2015

Also, if you have more complex filters for those boards, you can simple create a new filter joining the other filters with 'OR'. Add parentheses to be sure and add at most one 'order by' in the end (if you have more than on, you'll have to choose one).

You can read more about board filters here.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Hi @Andrena Lefdahl ,

Create a new scrum board and select the projects if they are under different projects. This is a direct option provided. 

image2015-4-13 18:31:52.png

If they are under same project, select a single project while creating. All the parallel sprints will be listed under this scrum board/

Suggest an answer