Create a JQL to search for worked logged within the last 36 hours?

Margaret Hodges April 6, 2021

I am wanting to create a JQL search that will look for all issues within a specific project's current sprint that have time logged within the last 36 hours.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Margaret Hodges 

It’s possible to set exactly the last 36 hours or any other time in Dynamic Filters: JQL Replacer add-on. It’s developed by my team to simplify JQL requests. So you can select all the required data with the help of Smart Field Manager as shown below:

jql_replacer.png

Here is how you set the worklog date you need:

worklogdate.png

At last, just select created Smart Fields to get them shown:

smart field.png

Hope you find it helpful.

Regards

Margaret Hodges April 7, 2021

thank you for the suggestion

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Hi @Margaret Hodges,

I am not sure about a JQL statement that would search back exactly 36 hours from now, but the following will get you quite close:

Project = <your project> AND Sprint in OpenSprints() AND WorkLogDate >= StartOfDay(-1) 

Sprint in OpenSprints() will dynamically fetch the current sprint. WorkLogDate >= StartOfDay(-1) will fetch all issues with worklogs after the start of the previous day. 

Margaret Hodges April 7, 2021

If I use WorkLogDate >= StartOfDay(-3) will it fetch all issues with worklogs after the previous three days? 

Michal Patoprsty September 5, 2023

Hi Margaret 

Yes you are right.

It also support functions and you can find more information in fields documentation.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/jql-fields/

Suggest an answer