Create WebLinks during import?

chefkoch June 4, 2013

We have a custom field within our Mantis bug track for linking to a public and internal thread from our forums.

Is it somehow possible to use that field for create web links during the import from mantis instead writing them to a custom field only?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chefkoch June 16, 2013

I solved it myself by creating a small command line tool that is using the REST API. First all the issues are retrieved that have a url in a defined customfield and then the IssueLink is created using this URL.

1 vote
Kathryn Allison September 4, 2013

Can you share more specifics in how you accomplished this?

0 votes
chefkoch September 4, 2013

I wrote the command line utility in C#, it's mainly retrieving all the issue of one or multiple projects and then goes through the details of an issue. If there is a custom field that contains the url and there is no "link" for this url, yet it will create a new one. So ones the iteration is done you added a link for each unique url.

The most important code can be found here: http://pastebin.com/4gE8x2XT

I just removed / replaced some urls and project keys which were related to our project. I hope it helps.

0 votes
chefkoch June 10, 2013

We also have access to the importers-plugin's source code through a starter license. So we are already able to extend the issues sql query by custom fields, which are in our example two additional field containing a url in some cases.

It seems the ExternalIssue class does not have a collection for external links which could be filld from IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.

Suggest an answer