Create WebLinks during import?

We have a custom field within our Mantis bug track for linking to a public and internal thread from our forums.

Is it somehow possible to use that field for create web links during the import from mantis instead writing them to a custom field only?

4 answers

1 accepted

I solved it myself by creating a small command line tool that is using the REST API. First all the issues are retrieved that have a url in a defined customfield and then the IssueLink is created using this URL.

Can you share more specifics in how you accomplished this?

We also have access to the importers-plugin's source code through a starter license. So we are already able to extend the issues sql query by custom fields, which are in our example two additional field containing a url in some cases.

It seems the ExternalIssue class does not have a collection for external links which could be filld from IssueTransformerVer118OrOlder.

I wrote the command line utility in C#, it's mainly retrieving all the issue of one or multiple projects and then goes through the details of an issue. If there is a custom field that contains the url and there is no "link" for this url, yet it will create a new one. So ones the iteration is done you added a link for each unique url.

The most important code can be found here: http://pastebin.com/4gE8x2XT

I just removed / replaced some urls and project keys which were related to our project. I hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Amir Kazemi
Posted an hour ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

11 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you