Create User Issue

Debapriya Bhattacharya January 11, 2021

I've configured IMAP with Jira. So that whenever my clients send me an email, a ticket can automatically be generated.jira.png

ow, If I select the "Create User" option a new user will be added whenever . Do I have to pay for client's accounts as well?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Yes. Every user in Jira needs to be licensed so if you create the user that user will be counted into your total licenses. 

Debapriya Bhattacharya January 11, 2021

I have 5 clients and there are approximately 20 people who send mails to my mail ID asking for support. So, I have to pay for those 20 accounts as well, right?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

If you want the client’s issue to be uniquely identified yes. If you don’t care who the reporter is then you could not check the create user box and simply choose a default reporter, e.g as yourself. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events