Create ProForma form via API

david flood July 13, 2021

Hello, I would like to create a ProForma form via API similar to how we can utilizing rest/servicedeskapi/request.  Is this possible?  When I try and create the request using servicedeskapi/request it tells me that the field is not valid but it's on the form.

To add some more information regarding use case. I would like to automatically create an issue/proforma request based on a set of standardized fields by business unit. We can accomplish this today using the above api, but are exploring proforma due to it’s dev centric nature. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
david flood July 19, 2021

The API's currently do not support the ability to read/write to a ProForma form.

Bummer!

Hi David,

We have conferred with our development team for advice.

Currently, there is no supported way for customers to get or edit form data. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Andrew.

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Hi @david flood 👋 you beat me to it. I was going to suggest reaching out to support.thinktilt.com - the team is great at working through use cases.

For anyone else interested, you can see the ProForma API documentation here:

http://links.thinktilt.net/proforma-api

Pete

0 votes
david flood July 14, 2021

Speaking with ProForma support on this now, will update once I get a definitive response whether this is possible or not.

Laurent Bouysset August 3, 2023

Hello, did you got any definitive response on this? I'm trying to create tickets linked to proforma form in jira service desk through REST API , and use proforma API (https://confluence.atlassian.com/proformadev/v1-2-0-api-documentation-1167691702.html) to attach and fill the form after ticket creation but it still look there is no endpoint allowing to provide the form data.

Suggest an answer