Create Labels for Time Entry

Raoul Kaiser June 12, 2012

Trying to create a new type of label to identify time entry categories.

I am new to Jira and can not find the right spot. I know when I create an issue I can create a label, but how can I set up a sub-level of labels?

Label 1 Tag description
- Sub-Level 1 Time Entry Category

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012

Hi Raoul,

I'm still not sure, if I understand your question right. If you want to create a hierachy of labels, I have to say, that this is not possible, but you can create as many labels for an issue as you want.

If this is not, what you want to do, you have to explain your problem a little bit more in detail.

Best regards

Thomas

The hierachy of labels was what I wanted. Can you think of any other ways I could create a type of hierachy to identify a time entery category on a project for a developer on an issue.

So I wanted the label to be Credit but the developer needs to log his time against something called "contracted project alpha".

I need to be able to have the label Credit and another label type that can capture "contracted project alpha" so as an administrator I can view an issue and determine what the company project is "Credit" and what the developers are submitting their time against "contracted prject alpha"

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2012

Time Tracking on a label is not possible. You can track time for an issue. And with a report, you can see the time spent for all issues.

I think you can get more information here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+Work+on+an+Issue

or here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Time+Tracking+Report

or here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Using+JIRA+For+Time+Tracking

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2012

excuse me, but I don't understand what you mean by "type of hierarchy to identify a time entery category on a project"

0 votes

@Thomas-S need to know how to do it. @Mizan the link your entry took me to said the answer was deleted.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2012

hmm, and what is the question ?

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

refer this answers by Nic Brough

Suggest an answer