Create Jira Issue from Confluence Error

Lyle Rosdahl November 16, 2020

All of a sudden, I'm getting an error when trying to create Jira issues from Confluence. This is only happening for four projects that all share the same schemes, workflows, etc.

The error (see screen shots) only happens with certain issue types (Epic & Document issues types, which use different workflows, still work). I've changed workflows, screens, screen schemes, issue type screen schemes, permissions but still get the same results when trying to create issues from Confluence.

The error occurs using the highlight method as well as the Insert Jira Issue/Filter. When I select the project (one of the four) and issue type, the Description field disappears. If I select a different project and/or a different issue type (Epic or Document), the Description field is displayed again and the issue is created in Jira.

It has to be something to do with the shared schemes, but I can't seem to find what it would be.

create_issue_error2.pngcreate_issue_error.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Please reference the screens with associated with those issue types and make sure that summary and description are in the create screen.

Lyle Rosdahl November 16, 2020

Hi, Brant.

That was something that I double-checked as well. Both Summary and Description are on the Create screen. I created a new screen and Issue Type Screen Scheme and associated that with one of the projects, but still the same result.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

What happens if you change the project to use a scheme working on another project?  Also do you have permissions to create issues in those 4 projects? (permission scheme)

Lyle Rosdahl November 18, 2020

Still have the same issue after changing the Issue Type Screen Scheme (have tried a couple of different ones). Yes, that was also something I check -- made sure that I and the other person experiencing this had permission to create issues.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2020

Can you take one of the projects that is not working and begin updating all the items that could be different one by one and see what makes a difference. (Roles, Permission Scheme, Workflow, etc.) It has to be something with the way the project is configured. 

Lyle Rosdahl November 18, 2020

That's what I originally did. I'll go through them again though. I must have missed something and was hoping that it was a simple fix I hadn't thought of. I'll post here if I get to the bottom of it.

Thank you for your time.

Suggest an answer