Create JIRA sub-tasks automatically when issue created

Vidhya GOWTHAM June 19, 2017

Hello All ,

I create a custom Standard Issue Type, XXX, and Sub-tasks Issue Type YYY and ZZZ. When I create a issue with type XXX, then two sub-tasks with respective issue type YYY and ZZZ will be created automatically.

i am trying  to slove this task with program C,C++ or JAVA.

I dont know  Where to write the program for this . 

Actually i dont want to use add-ons  if it is necessary then i will go for add-ons . and also please suggest me good add-on  for this task.

Please help me .

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

Hi Vidyha,

as I told you last Friday, we use the "Workflow Tool Box Plugin" for creating subtasks with a workflow.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2017

You do need add-ons to do this, there is nothing built into JIRA that creates sub-tasks.

There are plenty of options in the marketplace.  Bob Swift's issue creator, JMWE, Automation and Scriptrunner are quite powerful, sort of allowing you to code directly in the core of JIRA.  Others are a bit more "fixed", where they'd let you do the same thing repeatedly.

You could also write your own if it's a one off (A JIRA add-on written in Java).

A last option might be to do it from the outside, creating the sub-tasks over REST.

Suggest an answer