Create Issue

rp December 14, 2014

Below is the scenario...

Project A has issuetype A,B,C associated to it (where A and C are Standard Issuetypes and B is a sub-task).

Can it be possible to create new C issuetype taking all the fields in B issuetype on a transition.

3 answers

0 votes
rp December 15, 2014

Thanks Oliver and Simon,

I dont think you both understood what I am asking for I am trying to create a new standard Issue from a subtask.

Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Hey Rathna, I fear you don't understand our POV ^^ You want to create an associated task out of a sub-task, right? And it should take the fields of the sub-task as well which you can't do in the JIRA standard. there are 2 ways - first - you create a separated ticket and link them ... then you don't have the fields from the subtask. second -you use a plugin like Create on Transition and create a task in the sub-task workflow where you can transition the fields from the sub-task B to the task C.

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2014

Hey there,

Create on Transition should be a solution for your needs.
Plugin which create a task or subtask.

You can set conditions and take fields from the original or parental task, preset values or give IDs.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cot

Hope this is a valid solution for you.

Greets
Simon 

0 votes
Oliver Sträßer December 14, 2014

With standard functionality this isn't possible, but it sounds, as could the following add-on can help you: Copy to Subtask Plugin

Maybe you can give it a try.

cheers

oli 

Suggest an answer