Create Issue using a popup screen

Loredana September 25, 2013

Hi,

In JIRA v5.2.6, when I click "Create Issue", a popup screen appears where I fill the details.

In JIRA v6.0.8, instead of the popup, I have first in the main window the Project and Issue Type, and then in step 2, the rest of the details.

I like the popup way, with all fields in one view. How can I switch back to the create issue with the popup screen?

Many thanks!

Loredana

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Loredana October 13, 2013

It seems to happen only when I click on "Create Issue" from the Admin page. For the users it works in a pop-up, like they want.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

we alre also using jira 6.0.8 and we are getting popup when we click on create button,

check with team some one may added any scripts to disable that or some other reson should be there.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

Check for jira-quick-edit-plugin(which contains quick create issue screen) is installed properly.

It is a system plugin.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013
Loredana September 25, 2013

The JIRA Quick Edit Plugin is installed and I think it looks ok:

Before the upgrade it was working fine, with the popup, and atfer the upgrade no more popup, although no script or plugin change was done.

While we had the JIRA v5.2.6, we tested once the script

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$("#create_link").removeClass("create-issue");
</script>
in the announcement banner, but then removed it, since we liked the popup style better.
Is there some undo-script for the above one?
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

Suggest an answer