Create Issue popup with custom values

Deleted user July 31, 2013

How I populate the popup create issue with custom values?

I can do that in create issue page:
http://localhost:2990/jira/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa?issuetype=3&pid=100000

When I call this URL the page open with the project DEMO and IssueType New Feature by default. How I do the same thing with the create issue popup?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Through the link http://jirahost/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10140&issuetype=3 you get the popup, if the link is called from a JIRA page where you can create issues through the Create Issue link.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

@Henning, i tried by using your link it opened create issue form, it did't opened create issue popup

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

On which page is the link? Are you able to open the normal Create Issue popup on this page?

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

on dashboard.

yes, i can able to pen create issue popup!

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2013

Maybe it depends on the JIRA version, for me it's working from the JIRA dashboard (JIRA 5.1.8). In my case the link is included in an Announcement Banner from JIRA.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

i don't think it is possible to set project and issue type defult values on create issue popup using URL,

you can set default values by using Javascript(i am not sure this)

try with this by add in footer.jsp

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
	JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
		setDefaultValues();
	});
		setDefaultValues();

function setDefaultValues(){
	//set project
	$("#project").val('10140');
	//set issue type value
	$("#issuetype-field").val('3');		
	}

});
</script>

Deleted user July 31, 2013

Your script will not work because the HTML elements are initialized by the jquery-form from JIRA. However if you find a way to initialize the issue type and project (single-select) may be it works.

However the response of @Henning Tietgens works well.

@rambanam prasad, try edit the link of create issue in inspect element, edit the attribute and run it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events