Create Issue link used (pre-5.2.11) to use intermediate dialog for Project and Issue Type

Dennis Esters August 6, 2013

We use custom fields to effect an assigned team and watching teams based on Project. Before upgrading to 5.2.11 users would click the 'Create Issue' link and be asked about Project and Issue type before the main dialog for creating issues loaded. When this was done our customized defaults for these custom fields was prepopulated. The Project type was not mutable after making this selection. Now the user specifies the Project on the main dialog, and nothing triggers our defaults to load.

Is there a way to configure the behaviour of the 'Create Issue' link (not by writing a plugin) to achieve the prior functionality? or perhaps there is something to configure so that the change to Project will re-execute the configured Custom field defaults?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dennis Esters August 28, 2013

I was looking for a workaround for the problem identified in JIRA-30942. Apparently there is none so I will close this question.

0 votes
Dennis Esters August 12, 2013

I am already using CustomField Context, so that will not help me solve this problem.

I suppose I am glad this issue is already reported as a bug (JIRA-30942), but what I am looking for is a way for the 'Create Issue' link to work like it did in JIRA 4.x where I had to choose the Project before launching the create issue display, and then I could not change the project after making the initial selection. I am looking for a way to configure it like this.

I will also accept 30942 to be fixed and made available. :)

0 votes
Shun Hirayanagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

I think this is the bug reported in the following URL.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30942

This question is very good. I'm in trouble because of this problem too.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013
0 votes
Dennis Esters August 7, 2013

The autopopulation of the custom fields is via a Default Configuration Schema. If there is any javascript at play, I am unaware of it.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2013

How you are populating field values? if you by using javascript then check this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47843/strange-javascript-problem-in-create-screen

Suggest an answer