Create Issue from one JIRA project to another JIRA project

Vasu May 22, 2014

Hi,

We have a requirement of creating a JIRA project/ SD project issue from another project. Let me exaplain with an example.

There is a workflow Create-->In-Progrss-->Complete. We have 2 projects

1. Helpdesk - For installing softwares

2. Licenses - For getting Licenses.

User has created an issue to install the softwares in HelpDesk project. The issue is in In-Progress now, the helpdesk user who is working on this issue may have a requirement to raise the another issue for getting the license, for that he needs to raise another issue in License project from Helpdesk issue itself.

So I need link in the Helpdesk project which takes me to License project and status has to be updated in the one of the field in Helpdesk project.

Can someone tell me the best way of doing it.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

Hi Vasu,

This plugin might implement exactly what you are looking for:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.obss.plugin.jira-sync

Hope this helps?!

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

Another alternative is the Exocet plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.valiantys.jira.plugins.exocet.jira-plugin-exocet-pro

This plugin allows you to create a new issue and link it to another issue. Whenever a field is updated or a comment is added, the linked issue will be updated automatically.

This plugin also has a workflow post-function that can create and link the issue on a workflow transition.

Vasu May 26, 2014

Hi Benji,

Thank you very much for answering my question.

But the both plugins are commercial and we have long process to buy the licences in our company and we need to have strong reason for buying, basically we have unlimited JIRA developers license. So do we have any free plugins for doing this?

Otherwise how about my appraoch using webwork? I am thinking to provide a link in project A which redirects to projectB or opens ProjectB in dialog box. When user completes the request in project B and closes the dialog box we come to parent ProjectA

Please suggest in this case

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Vasu May 25, 2014

Can we use webwork for this? I am trying to create a link in the Helpdesk project which opens the Licenses project in new dialog or window

Suggest an answer