Create Issue error : null

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

When I trying to create a subtask issue automatically on creating issue.

I am getting this error.

The Issue is created but subtask issue is not created.

The code is as follow:

protected void createSubTask(Map<String, Object> transientVariables, Map<String, String> args)

{

Issue originalIssue = (Issue)transientVariables.get("issue");

Issue parentIssue = originalIssue;

MutableIssue issueObject =this.issueFactory.getIssue();

issueObject.setIssueTypeObject(this.constantsManager.getIssueTypeObject((String)args.get("field.subIssueTypeId")));

issueObject.setPriorityId(this.constantsManager.getPriorityObject((String)args.get("field.subIssuePriorityId")).getId());

Map params =new HashMap();

params.put("issue", issueObject);

try

{

User user = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();

Issue subTask =this.issueManager.createIssueObject(user, params);

this.subTaskManager.createSubTaskIssueLink(parentIssue, subTask, user);

ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true);

ComponentManager.getInstance().getIndexManager().reIndex(subTask);

}

catch(Exception e)

{

log.error("Unexpected exception", e);

}

ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(false);

}

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

Thanks for your time Nic and AUser

I am cleared with the error.

The error was due to following statement

issueObject.setPriorityId(this.constantsManager.getPriorityObject((String)args.get("field.subIssuePriorityId")).getId());

It is returning null and abnormally terminating the execution.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

You don't say what error you are getting.

AUser January 15, 2013

NullPointerException

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2013

Yes, that's about as useful an answer as me building a tree for my imaginary penguin.

Where does the error occur and what debugging have you done and what were the results?

AUser January 15, 2013

I havent done anything, bcause I am not the the user who posted that question!

There is a missing "?" behind my comment, because i wantet to know if this is the exception or one of his data is null.

AUser January 15, 2013

That'y your point of view! I also could have asked him in which line the error occures. And this doesn't gets us anywhere, too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2013

Bharadwaj - excellent, thank you for

AUser - it's great to want to contribute, but being completely unclear really doesn't help. Even with a ? on the end, you're simply prompting the response of "yes", which gets us nowhere.

Suggest an answer