Create Issue Screen required in Screen Scheme and Worklfow

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

Just wondering now I've explored and sort of learned how to configure JIRA ...

I have a custom 'Issue Creation Screen'

I have this configured in my Screen Scheme for the Create Issue Operation.

I also have configured this screen configured to be used in the workflow at Create Issue.

Can't recollect why or if it is necessary to have this set in both places? Could someone advise?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Loïc Dewerchin December 5, 2014

Hello,

you  only have to map your "Issue Creation Screen" to the create operation in the Screen Scheme. Then map this Screen Scheme to your Issue Type Screen Scheme, and make sure this is mapped to your project and your good. With the Issue Type Screen Scheme you can choose to have different Screen Scheme's for certain issue types. This gives you a lot of flexibility. This configuration is only for the edit/create/view screens in your project.

The mapping of screens in the workflows transitions is needed if you want certain screens to be displayed apart from the create/edit/view action, ie: a screen with just an assignee and comment field for a "Need Info" transition.

best regards,

Loïc

Suggest an answer