Create Issue Screen Tied to Create Issue Scheme Isn't Limiting Fields

PlanningDev November 14, 2013

I have created a screen scheme that limits the fields when creating an issue. I then created a screen for the Create Issue event. The problem is when I go to create an issue Im still seeing all the fields in the default screen.

Also, I cant remove the Default Screen from the Create Issue Scheme.

Hopefully this makes sense but the overall goal was to limit which fields appeared during the create issue event.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2013

I'm afraid "I cant remove the Default Screen from the Create Issue screen" does not make any sense - a screen is a screen, it doesn't contain other screens.

To me, it looks like you have not got your screen-scheme correct. Your system is using the default screen for everything because you have not told it to use your new screen for create or edit. I think you need to work through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation carefully. (It does sound like you're going in the right direction for what you want - defining different screens for different purposes and so-on, you just haven't got the schemes quite right)

PlanningDev November 14, 2013

Sorry I meant to state that the Default Screen Applies to both my new Create Issue Scheme and the Default Scheme.

The first thing it asks when creating the scheme is what screen should apply to unmapped operations so I picked default. After that I assocaite the Create Issue Operation with my Create Issue Screen.

When I go back and hit create issue Im still seeing all of the fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2013

Mmm, that still doesn't really explain what you've done, but it's worth trying to simplify.

Forget about defaults. Go into the screen scheme and explicity say "View = Screen X", "create = screen Y" and "edit = screen Z". You might only have two screens and are using one of them twice, that's fine, but make it explicit, so it is very clear which screen is mapped to which action.

If you map all three of them explicitly, then "default" will still show, but never actually get used.

0 votes
PlanningDev November 18, 2013

I did assign all screens and then assign an issue type scheme and it starting working. I hadn't associated with an issue type scheme previously

Suggest an answer