Create Issue - Problems with Issue Security Scheme

perdue_brandon_vast-inc_com July 20, 2017

Hello All - 

I am all of the sudden having a problem with my Security Level Field. This was not the case a day ago.

When the admin (me) creates an Issue, I have the Security Level Field configured in the Create Issue Screen. The idea is that when I choose an option from this field (Company 1 - 5), that created Issue can only be seen by users in the group whose option I chose.

This had been working perfectly for the past couple of weeks, but now all of the Issues I create automatically get assigned to Company 1, no matter which option in the Security Field I choose. 

Below are screenshots of my problem. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance. 

Security Scheme.pngCreate Issue.pngIssue Created.png

3 answers

0 votes

After consulting Adaptavist, they suggested that I try to add a Behaviour to the Security Level Field. They gave me an example of a script, and below is how I manipulated it. 

Note, I do not have any coding experience. Any insight/direction would be much appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 2.25.57 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

A Behaviour might not help.  It can pre-set the security level on-screen, but you'll still be able to select a different one (I suppose you could pre-set and hide too, but it's not something I'd bother with, I'd go with a post-function)

Is that what you want to do?

I am open to going with a post function, I just haven't been able to find/figure out one that's suitable to what I need to be done. 

The idea is to have the users in groups Company 1 - 5 either not see Security Level and be automatically assigned based on their group, or just have the Security Level Field auto-populated. 

At the same time I am wanting the admin to be able to choose any Security Level he or she wants when creating an Issue. 

I have been trying to figure out this problem for weeks to no avail.

0 votes

I think I do understand why every Issue is being automatically assigned to Company 1 with the post functions I have configured (see screenshot below).

The idea of what I want to happen is that whenever a user is logged into a specific group (Company 1 - 5) that person will not have to select a Security Level, and created issues will automatically be specific to that group. 

However, I want the admin (me) when creating Issues to have the liberty to assign that Issue to any Security Level (Company 1 - 5) that I choose. 

Does anyone have any thoughts of how I can accomplish this?

Post Funtions.png

Thanks for the reponse, Nic. If you can think of anything about how I can achieve this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2017

Sounds like someone has put a post-function on the workflow that sets the security level, stomping on what you select.

Suggest an answer