Create Gadget for all current sprints in all projects

Elirowenabeth Buhawe September 7, 2016

Would it be possible to create a gadget in JIRA dashboard that would display all current sprints and their deadlines in all projects?

2 answers

0 votes
Elirowenabeth Buhawe September 11, 2016

The reason why i'm asking this is i need to keep a gadget in the dashboard that would at least show all the active sprints and their deadline so that I can see within the week which projects would be due for release.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2016

Is your release definition being a single sprint?

yes, 1 sprint per project.. is this possible?

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2016

Overall gadget that shows you more than 1 sprint in not possible. You can create many widgets, 1 gadget for each sprint, but this is too much work.

I am sensing something strange in what you are trying to do and that's why I am asking more questions trying to understand it.

So you have many projects and each project have 1 sprint, and you release each sprint. After you release do you create new sprints or new projects?

Each project has 1 sprint.. After the end of the sprint we release it and then create another sprint. This happens per project as well... I just wanted to at  least create a gadget in my dashboard so that it would be easier for me to at least view directly in the dashboard which projects are due for release within the week. That would somehow save me some time rather than going inside every project to know the schedule for each of the projects. This would be very tedious especially if you have about 30 or more projects to track.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2016

I am not sure that you have an easy and automated option, you can create a custom widget. I can think that a experienced JIRA developer can do it for less than 1 month.

Another option is to use a full release management solution like Cycle Control. You can map each release to a sprint and then you can see each and every release on a dashboard gadget or on wiki page. You can see the due dates, status, risk and other additional benefits, so it will be very useful, but if the only thing you want is the due date, then it will be overkill and I would recommend a custom widget.

Cheers,

Peter T

0 votes
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2016

Hi Elirowenabeth,

Using JIRA Agile Rest API you can retrieve a list of all the boards and all their active sprints(with info about start/end date), so creating such gadget should be possible.

Regards,

Peter

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016

By "create" you mean develop with programming means.

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2016

Yes, developing the dashboard is what I mean.

Suggest an answer