Create Another Does Not Copy Custom Fields

Jacob Clouse September 12, 2014

I recently upgraded JIRA to 6.3.5 and now my custom field values aren't copied after creating a new issue with the "Create another" checkbox checked. The second issue does not populate the custom fields from the previous selection like it did before. Is there a configuration option that specifies which fields should and should not be copied that I can update?

2 answers

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Brendan, 

We have the same issue.  We were not using any plugin and the create another did used to copy most fields...not the create another option doesn't copy anything....nothing...nada...I feel your pain.  Doesn't seem to provide value other than save one click to Create again.  Have reverted to using Create > save> More > clone > input new summary > create > edit > then make my updates and save....

There was a 'suggestion' to add this functionality back in. sad

I feel your pain.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014

Hi Brendan

Are you using any third-party plugin for this feature ? As far as i understand, JIRA does not come by default for this copy custom field feature. If that's the case, you might want to opt for Script Runner plugin which can perform the above configuration. Besides there is already a discussion before that on this configuration, you may refer here as hopefully it may helps you with this issue here.

Suggest an answer