Creat a ticket via mail handler with a portal access only user

Mathieu Larouche January 9, 2018

I have a project with a mail handler. Everything works fine, except a specific case.

If I try to create a ticket, and my email is associated with a portal only user, the mail handler never creates a ticket in Jira. 

I tried to solve my problem by adding the create issues permission to "Service desk customer - portal access", but it didn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hello,

You need to create a email channel for portal users (customers). You can read more information here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html

Hi Alexey

I know how to use service desk, but I do not want to use it for this specific project. I wanted to use a mail handler with a software project.

Thank you,

Mathieu

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Do I understand correctly that you want  Customers (these users can only login to portal) to create tickets in a Jira software project from email?

exactly!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

ah, ok. I never tried it. I am not sure if it is permitted. You could debug incoming mail and have a look in the logs. You could see what happened with a email from such users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

It is not.  To work with issues in Software and Business, or the issues behind the requests in Service Desk projects, you need to be a Jira user, not a customer.

Although, if you reconfigure the mail handler to default a "reporter", then you can allow them to raise issues effectively anonymously

That's the problem.

I configured my mail handler in order to manage anonymus users.

If I send a request by email via an address not linked to jira or to a customer in service desk, I can create a ticket.

But, if I send a request by email via an addresse linked only to a customer in service desk, then the ticket is not created.

It seems to be a limitation with the mail handler.

Thanks all for your reply

Suggest an answer