Counting active Jira users (Jira v6.1.5)

Ismar_Slomic November 20, 2014

Hi,

We have still unlimited JIRA license plan and want to know how many active users we have currently. I have been looking at this KB-article which is filtering users active=1 and where users are having membership. But in addition it also check schemepermissions which i don´t understand why. Can anyone confirm that this is relevant for this query?

The definition of active user counting in the license is that active=true and that he has permission to jira_users group.

Here is the SQL query:

SELECT DISTINCT u.lower_user_name
FROM   cwd_user u
       JOIN cwd_membership m
         ON u.id = m.child_id
            AND u.directory_id = m.directory_id
       JOIN schemepermissions sp
         ON Lower(m.parent_name) = Lower(sp.perm_parameter)
       JOIN cwd_directory d
         ON m.directory_id = d.id
WHERE  sp.permission IN ( '0', '1', '44' )
       AND d.active = '1'
       AND u.active = '1';

2 answers

0 votes
Ismar_Slomic November 21, 2014

Thanks for the reply, but Im stilling wondering whether schemepermission is something I should bother with.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2014

In the Global permissions in JIRA see the groups which constitute top 3 permissions and then in the groups section of JIRA the number of users in those groups are basically the total active users. Mostly it's the jira-users group which has all the active user it's based on the global permission JIRA users in the global permission section.

Suggest an answer