Counter for number of times issue has been hit

Chris K. August 15, 2017
Does anyone know of a plugin that can add a button and when pressed, will increment a custom field? I'm looking for something where users can denote they hit an existing issue. The "Like" field doesn't work because a user can only use it once per issue. I know I can simply create a custom number field and have users increment that but I was looking for something a little more elegant.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Hi Chris,

how about a dummy workflow transition? A transition, that is doing nothing but increment a custom number field? Add that transition to every status, so that your users can just click on it.

Do you have any plugins for your Jira? The misc workflow extensions provide a post function for that. There might be others also.

Chris K. August 17, 2017

Interesting idea. I'll give that a try!

Chris K. August 18, 2017

Worked great! Thanks!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

You're welcome :-)

If you think, your question is answered, please mark it as answered.

With that mark, other user may find answered questions more easy.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer