Count issue by month for 12 months for Jira server

Jenny Chen September 16, 2020

Hi , I  need a filter to count issue by month for last 12 months.and a graphical gadget to display.  I installed scriptrunner to add a custom Script field, but the custom script field didn’t show up in two dimensional gadgets. Seems two dimensional gadgets only show up countable fields. I have 2 questions: is it possible to group issues by month for a filter? I tried three dimensional date gadgets, it can show up issues by month with number, but it is not graphical gadget, do we have any graphical gadget to display issues monthly for 12 months ? Thanks, Jenny

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

Hi @Jenny Chen 

There are a couple of gadgets you can use for this. There's the Created vs Resolved Chart or the Recently Created Chart. For both, you will need to save a filter for the issues you are wanting to group, and then you will add this saved filter to the dashboard. Both of these you can set the 'Period' to Monthly and the 'Days Previously' to 365 to group all monthly tasks created within the last year.gadgets.pngHope this helps!

Jenny Chen September 18, 2020

Hi Callum Carlile, Thanks for helping. We want to count issue by month, then drill down by customer. So I prefer to have a query to group issues by month  or by customer. Seems it is not possible. To use three dimensional date gadgets, it is not graphical gadget.  Looks like the Created vs Resolved Chart or the Recently Created Chart is better. Thank you, Jenny

Suggest an answer