Could really do with some help integrating JIRA with FishEye.

Matt Summers December 19, 2013

We have JIRA and FishEye running on the same server. I've been through the process of setting up the application links several times, but no matter what I do, I can't see any FishEye repositories or Crucible projects listed in the FishEye Configuration section of JIRA.

What's strange is that the cache shows the last refresh of the Crucible project list cache to be very recent, but the Repository list cache is stuck on Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:35, and clicking Refresh cache does not change this.

Either way, there are no repositories listed in JIRA, which means that we can't link commits to issues. I've tried everything I can think of, and other posts that I've seen about this haven't been very useful.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Check the JIRA logs to see if there are any errors when you do the repository cache refresh. It is likely that you have some errors like certificate errors or something similar.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Do you have basic authentication enabled?

Yep. Turns out I was looking at the wrong logs previously! I found an exception message of "anon access forbidden", which suggests that it's trying to connect to FishEye anonymously?

I followed the documentation guide for setting up the Trusted Applications tab, which has the IP addresses and also the URL list in Incoming Authentication. Also, OAuth is enabled by default.

Is there anything I can change there, or should I be looking elsewhere?

No - Only Trusted Applications and OAuth.

For now I've managed to get it working by switching on Global Anonymous Access in FishEye. Is there a better way to get this working with authentication? This is an internal system so I'm not super worried about it, but at the same time it would be nice to get it working properly.

Even now that I have the connection working (even though I cheated somewhat), I still can't link a commit to a JIRA issue.

I just checked in a change and added the issue key to the comment (which was ARC-22). This has been picked up in FishEye, and clicking on it opens the JIRA issue, so I can see that it's parsed it as an issue.

But if I open the issue in JIRA and go to the Commits tab, is just has the "Connect your code to JIRA" text, showing options for BitBucket, Stash and FishEye.

Should this not show the commit now that they're linked?

It gets even weirder. I've managed to prove that the smart commits are working, because I've been able to add one hour of time spent against a task. But it still it not listing any commits against that task.

Is there some configuration step I've missed?

I've also noticed that the source control commits show up in the Activity and Source tabs, but not commits, which is confusing. I'm going to see if I can remove commits and change the issue summary to show source instead.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2013

Commit tab won't show the commits from Fisheye, although the description is confusing. You will see more threads on that in this forum if you search. The commits will only appear under Source tab. Can you check the Source tab?

Yeah - it's all in the source tab. I've had a look around and from what I can gather, there's no way to hide the Commits tab, and replace it with Source in the Issue Detail View shown to the right of the scrum board?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2013

You may disable the JIRA DVCS Connector plugin to remove the tab. See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/196250/jira-6-what-s-the-differences-between-commits-and-source-tabs

I've not enabled it at all, but the tab has always been there..

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2013

Yes, it is a bundled plugin in JIRA and is enabled by default. You will have to disable it.

Matt Summers December 22, 2013

Brilliant - done! Thanks for all your help!

Suggest an answer