Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"

I moved our existing JIRA installation to a new server today.  The data was reimported into a new PostgreSQL instance and the JIRA home directory was moved to the new machine over a brand new JIRA installation.

When I start JIRA I get the following error:

com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2203)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3937)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3941)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4824)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.getUnchecked(LocalCache.java:4830)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.getGenericDelegator(GenericDelegator.java:107)
at com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.CoreFactory.getGenericDelegator(CoreFactory.java:34)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.configureOfbiz(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:215)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:295)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseConfigured(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:199)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:130)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$0(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:99)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.initSlowStuff(LauncherContextListener.java:149)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.<init>(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:92)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.getModelFieldTypeReader(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:79)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.initialiseAndCheckDatabase(GenericDelegator.java:226)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.<init>(GenericDelegator.java:169)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator$1.load(GenericDelegator.java:93)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)

This is what my dbconfig.xml file looks like:

&lt;jira-database-config&gt;
&lt;name&gt;defaultDS&lt;/name&gt;
&lt;delegator-name&gt;default&lt;/delegator-name&gt;
&lt;database-type&gt;postgre72&lt;/database-type&gt;
&lt;schema-name&gt;public&lt;/schema-name&gt;
&lt;jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;url&gt;jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira&lt;/url&gt;
&lt;driver-class&gt;org.postgresql.Driver&lt;/driver-class&gt;
&lt;username&gt;user&lt;/username&gt;
&lt;password&gt;password&lt;/password&gt;
&lt;pool-min-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-min-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-wait&gt;30000&lt;/pool-max-wait&gt;
&lt;pool-max-idle&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-idle&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned&gt;true&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;300&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;

&lt;validation-query&gt;select version();&lt;/validation-query&gt;
&lt;min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;60000&lt;/min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;
&lt;time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;300000&lt;/time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;

&lt;pool-test-on-borrow&gt;false&lt;/pool-test-on-borrow&gt;
&lt;pool-test-while-idle&gt;true&lt;/pool-test-while-idle&gt;
&lt;/jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;/jira-database-config&gt;

I would be grateful if anybody could help.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There's a spelling mistake or miskey in your config - try postgres72 in the <database type> setting.

Thanks Nic!  I'm not sure how this happened, but thanks for figuring it out!  Our new JIRA server is now up and running!

I seem to remember one version of the installer would set that wrong.  It's usually down to my fat-fingered typing though, that's how I found it!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

286 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you