Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"

Martin Boulanger November 16, 2016

I moved our existing JIRA installation to a new server today.  The data was reimported into a new PostgreSQL instance and the JIRA home directory was moved to the new machine over a brand new JIRA installation.

When I start JIRA I get the following error:

com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2203)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3937)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3941)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4824)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.getUnchecked(LocalCache.java:4830)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.getGenericDelegator(GenericDelegator.java:107)
at com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.CoreFactory.getGenericDelegator(CoreFactory.java:34)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.configureOfbiz(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:215)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:295)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseConfigured(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:199)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:130)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$0(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:99)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.initSlowStuff(LauncherContextListener.java:149)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.<init>(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:92)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.getModelFieldTypeReader(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:79)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.initialiseAndCheckDatabase(GenericDelegator.java:226)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.<init>(GenericDelegator.java:169)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator$1.load(GenericDelegator.java:93)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)

This is what my dbconfig.xml file looks like:

&lt;jira-database-config&gt;
&lt;name&gt;defaultDS&lt;/name&gt;
&lt;delegator-name&gt;default&lt;/delegator-name&gt;
&lt;database-type&gt;postgre72&lt;/database-type&gt;
&lt;schema-name&gt;public&lt;/schema-name&gt;
&lt;jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;url&gt;jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira&lt;/url&gt;
&lt;driver-class&gt;org.postgresql.Driver&lt;/driver-class&gt;
&lt;username&gt;user&lt;/username&gt;
&lt;password&gt;password&lt;/password&gt;
&lt;pool-min-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-min-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-wait&gt;30000&lt;/pool-max-wait&gt;
&lt;pool-max-idle&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-idle&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned&gt;true&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;300&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;

&lt;validation-query&gt;select version();&lt;/validation-query&gt;
&lt;min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;60000&lt;/min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;
&lt;time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;300000&lt;/time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;

&lt;pool-test-on-borrow&gt;false&lt;/pool-test-on-borrow&gt;
&lt;pool-test-while-idle&gt;true&lt;/pool-test-while-idle&gt;
&lt;/jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;/jira-database-config&gt;

I would be grateful if anybody could help.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

There's a spelling mistake or miskey in your config - try postgres72 in the <database type> setting.

Martin Boulanger November 17, 2016

Thanks Nic!  I'm not sure how this happened, but thanks for figuring it out!  Our new JIRA server is now up and running!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2016

I seem to remember one version of the installer would set that wrong.  It's usually down to my fat-fingered typing though, that's how I found it!

Suggest an answer