Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"

I moved our existing JIRA installation to a new server today.  The data was reimported into a new PostgreSQL instance and the JIRA home directory was moved to the new machine over a brand new JIRA installation.

When I start JIRA I get the following error:

com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2203)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3937)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3941)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4824)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.getUnchecked(LocalCache.java:4830)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.getGenericDelegator(GenericDelegator.java:107)
at com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.CoreFactory.getGenericDelegator(CoreFactory.java:34)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.configureOfbiz(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:215)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:295)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseConfigured(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:199)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:130)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$0(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:101)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:99)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.initSlowStuff(LauncherContextListener.java:149)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not find a field-type definition with name "postgre72"
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.<init>(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:92)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.model.ModelFieldTypeReader.getModelFieldTypeReader(ModelFieldTypeReader.java:79)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.initialiseAndCheckDatabase(GenericDelegator.java:226)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.<init>(GenericDelegator.java:169)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator$1.load(GenericDelegator.java:93)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)

This is what my dbconfig.xml file looks like:

&lt;jira-database-config&gt;
&lt;name&gt;defaultDS&lt;/name&gt;
&lt;delegator-name&gt;default&lt;/delegator-name&gt;
&lt;database-type&gt;postgre72&lt;/database-type&gt;
&lt;schema-name&gt;public&lt;/schema-name&gt;
&lt;jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;url&gt;jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jira&lt;/url&gt;
&lt;driver-class&gt;org.postgresql.Driver&lt;/driver-class&gt;
&lt;username&gt;user&lt;/username&gt;
&lt;password&gt;password&lt;/password&gt;
&lt;pool-min-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-min-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-size&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-size&gt;
&lt;pool-max-wait&gt;30000&lt;/pool-max-wait&gt;
&lt;pool-max-idle&gt;20&lt;/pool-max-idle&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned&gt;true&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned&gt;
&lt;pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;300&lt;/pool-remove-abandoned-timeout&gt;

&lt;validation-query&gt;select version();&lt;/validation-query&gt;
&lt;min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;60000&lt;/min-evictable-idle-time-millis&gt;
&lt;time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;300000&lt;/time-between-eviction-runs-millis&gt;

&lt;pool-test-on-borrow&gt;false&lt;/pool-test-on-borrow&gt;
&lt;pool-test-while-idle&gt;true&lt;/pool-test-while-idle&gt;
&lt;/jdbc-datasource&gt;
&lt;/jira-database-config&gt;

I would be grateful if anybody could help.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

There's a spelling mistake or miskey in your config - try postgres72 in the <database type> setting.

Thanks Nic!  I'm not sure how this happened, but thanks for figuring it out!  Our new JIRA server is now up and running!

I seem to remember one version of the installer would set that wrong.  It's usually down to my fat-fingered typing though, that's how I found it!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,202 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you