Could I create a such Workflow?

Vadym Prokhurenko September 23, 2015

I have project, which contains of 3 app versions (teams): Backend, iOS, Android.

I need to create a next workflow: Manager creates issue (task) for Backend with 2 sub-tasks: 1 for Android and 1 for iOS. When Backend team finished a task and changed status to "Ready for Frontend" need to display these 2 sub-tasks on boards. Till this moments these sub-tasks need to be unvisible on iOS and Android boards.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

To keep an issue off a board completely, you have two options -

1.  Works all the time - Change the board filter so that it excludes issues that should not be there
  2. If the reason is the status of the issue, unmap the status from any columns

I'm not sure you can do exactly what you describe though - I don't think you can build a filter for "parent issue is now in status X", or script something that says "change status of subtasks when parent changes"

Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

I think option 2 may work. An additional option may be creating 2 subtask with a private security level and than changing security level to public when parent issue status transition to "Ready for Frontend".

Suggest an answer